Personal data security and privacy protection is another important feature of the new law. This topic really gathered weight in recent years and has attracted constant attention. The new Consumer Law further expands this in the context of consumer protection. Irrespective of whether it is online or not, personal information and privacy shall generally be protected by following the below guidelines:. A striking development under the new Consumer Law is its additional weaponry to curb consumer data breaches. In addition to normal civil remedies such as compensation or damages, administrative sanctions were introduced for the first time in China.
- Product details!
- Between Philosophy and Religion: Spinoza, the Bible, and Modernity: Vol. I: Hermeneutics and Ontology.
- The Chinese Consumer Culture Phenomena.
- China's new consumers : social development and domestic demand - University Of Pikeville;
- Mastering the Challenges of Leading Change: Inspire the People and Succeed Where Others Fail.
- China's new consumers : social development and domestic demand - University Of Pikeville?
- Post-structuralist Geography: A Guide to Relational Space;
These include being ordered to rectify the breach, issuing warnings, confiscation of illegal gains, a fine of up to ten times any illegal gain or up to CNY , if none and, in extreme cases, shutting down and de-registering the business. There is no doubt that increased consumer protection brought about by the new Consumer Law has its positive side.
China's New Consumers: Social Development and Domestic Demand
However, it also raises some controversial issues that create a very challenging business environment for B2C players. Article 55 of the new Consumer Law stipulates that punitive compensation of up to three times the cost of the goods may be due, with a minimum of CNY applying to fraudulent sales. As far as food products are concerned, this fine could go up to 10 times the cost of the goods. Another challenge B2C players might face is potential class action in China.
A recent amendment to the Civil Procedural Law in , further paved the way for this kind of litigation. In the second half of the year, efforts should be made to keep employment, the financial sector, foreign trade, foreign and domestic investments, and expectations stable. China's consumer price index rose 2.
- The Roman Army: The Greatest War Machine of the Ancient World (General Military);
- China's New Consumers: Social Development and Domestic Demand, 1st Edition (Paperback) - Routledge.
- Oracle9i Application Developers Guide - Fundamentals!
- China's New Consumers: Social Development and Domestic Demand | Croll Elisabeth | First Edition?
- China's New Consumers: Social Development and Domestic Demand | Elisabeth Croll | First Edition?
China's manufacturing purchasing managers' index came in at Activities of the country's non-manufacturing sector also expanded at a slower pace in July, with its PMI standing at 54, compared with 55 in June. China's industrial output expanded 6 percent year-on-year in July, unchanged from in June, according to NBS. In the first seven months of the year, industrial output increased 6.get link
The Chinese Consumer Culture Phenomena Descriptive Essay
China's fixed-asset investment rose 5. Property investment increased NBS data showed investment in the real estate sector amounted to 6. China's retail sales of consumer goods grew 8.
Documenting the social consequences of several decades of rapid economic growth and the new interest in 'all-round' social development, China's New Consumers will be of value to students, entrepreneurs and a wide variety of readers who are interested in social trends and concerns in China today. Book Description: Exploring China's consumer revolution over the past three decades, this book shows a continuing cycle leading to excess supply and disappointing demand, at the centre of which lies exaggerated expectations of China's new consumers.
Protecting the people: China’s Consumer Law - EURObizEURObiz
For the past thirty years, she has undertaken field studies and written widely on social development issues in contemporary China. Size: Multiple copies available this title. Quantity Available: 2.